ANALIZA KJAER – SOLICITOR
I am a mummy to my 5 year old daughter who is energetic and curious about the world. I spend majority of free time with her showing her how wonderful the world is by visiting gardens, new places, learning new skills such as swimming, wall climbing, surfing. Next project will be learning to ski.
July 2013 – to Present
Established and set up a sole legal practice in Immigration, Family, Dispute Resolution and Estate Administration.
Mixture of contentious and non-contentious caseload.
Dealing with the following court applications:
High Court Applications:
– Application for Injunctions, Appeals, Judicial Review
– Small Claims and Fast Track Claims
– Money Claims
– Attending Financial Order First Appointments and Financial Dispute Resolution Hearings
– Financial Remedy Final Hearings
– Defending an employer on Discrimination Case and represented a 5 day final hearing trial
Sterling & Law Associates LLP
9 September 2011-July 2013
Legal Consultant (Immigration and Employment)
• Dealt and handles various Immigration cases such as Applications for Marriage Visa, Visitors Visa, Indefinite Leave; Applications outside Immigration Rules; and Employment cases such as Disability and Race Discrimination and Unfair Dismissal
1st Contact Law LLP
April 2010 – 7 September 2011
Handled cases on the following practice areas:
– Immigration (Tribunal Appeals, Judicial Review/High Court Applications (stopping deportations), Bail and Temporary Release applications, Applications for various Visas i.e. Marriage Visa, Visitors Visa, Family Settlement Visa, Highly Skilled Migrant Visas)
– Employment (Unfair Dismissal claims, Advice on Compromise Agreements, Discrimination, Advice on Redundancy, Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures).
– Family (Straightforward Divorce petitions, advice on Financial Settlements, Consent Order, Prenuptial Agreements, Post Nuptial Agreements)
Leader Van Bosch (later changed name to 1st Contact Law LLP)
September 2009 – April 2010
Dealt with cases on the following areas:
– Family (Straightforward Divorce petitions (uncontested), Consent Orders, Preparation and Advice on Prenuptial Agreements)
– Assisted on Other Non Contentious Matters, i.e. Preparation and Advice on Transfer of Property from Sole name to joint names (husband and wife), Advice on Severance of Joint Tenancy,
– Assisted on Property Transactions i.e. sale and purchase of residential properties
LONDON COLLEGE WIMBLEDON
February 2010 – May 2010
February 2009 – September 2009
Law Lecturer – Institute of Legal Executives
• Delivered lectures on the following subjects: Land Law, Employment Law, Civil Litigation, The Practice of Employment Law, Conveyancing, Family Law, Legal Research and Client Care Skills
FORD SIMEY LLP (Exeter, Devon)
March 2006 – 6 May 2008
Commercial Property Solicitor
• Negotiated leases for landlord and tenant clients
• Purchased and disposed of commercial freehold and leasehold properties
• Advised clients on purchase of plots for development
• Advised unincorporated business clients on sale and purchase of businesses such as licensed premises, shops, restaurants, and other various businesses
• Prepared new leases for landlord clients
• Dealt with acquisition and disposal of agricultural land.
• Prepared agreements for leases, conditional sale agreements and overage agreements.
• Dealt with management issues affecting charities and property investment companies
• Experience in management work such as licences to assign, license to alter, underlettings, short term occupancy agreements, deeds of surrender, deeds of release and deeds of variation
• Presented law updates in departmental quarterly training.
TROBRIDGES SOLICITORS (Plymouth)
March 2005 – March 2006
Residential Property Solicitor
• Managed the Conveyancing department
• Acted on sale and purchase of residential properties
• Assisted the Senior Partner in dealing with general non-contentious property-related matters
• Advised clients on sale and purchase of small businesses
• Supervised and trained a Legal Assistant
SHANGHAI UNIVERSITY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMICS (Shanghai, China)
• Co-ordinated, taught and examined an intensive module on English Property Law at Third Year Undergraduate level for Real Estate students.
KITSON HUTCHINGS (Torquay, Devon)
February 2003- March 2005
• Family Litigation – Assisted principal in general family litigation matters, completed and submitted legal aid forms, represented client in meeting on adoption cases, completed financial statements for clients in divorce proceedings
• Private Client – Assisted in the preparation of Wills and administration of Estates
• Conveyancing – Assisted in residential property transactions.
Personal Assistant to Managing Partner
September 2002 – February 2003
• Managed diary and appointments
• Assisted Principal with his workload
• Dealt with correspondence and general administration work
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION
April 2005 Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors
2001-2002 – LPC (Pass)
Centre for Legal Practice, University of Exeter
1998- 2001 – LLB (Hons.) 2:1
University of Wales, Aberystwyth